Assistant Sheriff Joseph Lombardo
LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERIENCE
September 6, 1988, began career in law enforcement as a Police Officer with the LVMPD.
May of 1996, promoted to the position of Police Sergeant; during this time as a Sergeant, was awarded the Meritorious Service Award for outstanding service to the Las Vegas Community.
June of 2001, promoted to the position of Lieutenant and subsequently held the following Lieutenant positions: Patrol Lieutenant, Executive Lieutenant to the Sheriff, and Search / Rescue Commander.
December of 2006, promoted to the position of Captain as the Bureau Commander of Southwest Area Command and subsequently, the Bureau Commander of Homeland Security.
June of 2008, promoted to the position of Deputy Chief as the Division Commander of Support Operations and subsequently, the Patrol Division.
October of 2011, promoted to the position of Assistant Sheriff and is currently over the Law Enforcement Services Group. This position manages the Technical Services Division, Professional Standards Division, Information Technology Bureau and the Radio Systems Bureau.
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Nevada Las Vegas, May of 1986.
- Masters of Science from the University of Nevada Las Vegas, May of 2006.
- FBI National Academy Graduate of the 227th Session in 2006.
- California & Nevada Narcotics Officers Association
- Major City Chiefs Association
- National FBI Academy
- Board of Directors LVMPD Foundation
- Board of Directors Goodwill of Southern Nevada, 2007-2009
- Committee Member for the Nevada Communications Steering Committee