GET TO KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS
- Neighbors watching out for each other is the basic concept of neighborhood patrolling.
- Know the neighbors on all sides of you.
- Learn what vehicles belong there.
SECURE YOUR HOME
- Secure your home when you leave even for short periods of time.
- Deny the burglar the opportunity to make you a victim by securing all doors and windows before you leave!
KEEP YOUR GARAGE DOOR CLOSED
- Garage burglaries often occur during the day. The thief simply walks into an open garage, removes what they want and is gone in a minute or two.
STOLEN VEHICLES / THEFT FROM VEHICLES
- The safest place for your car is in your garage.
- The second safest place for your car is in your driveway locked up.
- All valuables should be removed from your vehicle or at least placed out of sight.
NEIGHBORHOOD PATROL MEETINGS
- Attend neighborhood patrol meetings to keep informed about crime problems in your area and to discuss what can be done to reduce crime.