The LVMPD offers the following excellent benefits in addition to the annual salary. These benefits, however, are subject to change.
- 3 weeks of annual vacation; 104 hours of annual sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year
- 3 bonus shifts per year if no more than 3 days of sick leave are used; two personal days per year
- 5 days of bereavement leave deducted from sick leave for immediate family
- Holiday compensation for working a holiday at straight time pay or additional annual leave
- 10 hour work shifts for Police Officers and 12 hour work shifts for Corrections Officers; overtime pay at a rate of 1 1/2 times the gross hourly rate or compensatory time
- Direct deposit of paychecks; deferred compensation plan is available.
- Nevada has no state income tax and employees do not pay social security taxes
- Employees will have 1.45% of their salary deducted for Medicare and this amount is matched by LVMPD
- Health, vision, and dental insurance is available for employees and their dependents beginning at date of hire at competitive rates
- Police Employee Assistance Program is a counseling and referral service for employees and their families at no cost to employees