The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department issues concealed firearms permits in accordance with NRS 202.3653 – 202.369.
Concealed Firearm Permits are valid for a period of 5 years and can be renewed for additional 5 year periods.
A permit holder must carry the permit together with proper identification whenever they are in actual possession of the concealed firearm(s). The permit and proper identification must be presented to a peace officer upon request. Failure to produce the permit and proper identification carry a civil penalty of $25.00.
Any person who meets the following criteria may apply to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for a concealed firearm permit:
- If you are a Nevada resident, you must be a resident of Clark County.
- An out-of-state resident who received firearms training in Clark County.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lawfully possess a firearm.
- Successfully completes an approved firearms course in Clark County (paid for by applicant).
- Pays the appropriate fees.
You are ineligible to obtain a CCW if:
- You are under 21 years of age.
- You do not provide the required documentation to demonstrate competence with a firearm.
- You are a fugitive from justice.
- You have been judicially declared mentally incompetent or insane.
- You have been admitted to a mental health facility.
- You have habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance to the extent that your normal faculties are impaired, including DUI convictions within five previous years and Medical Marijuana Patients.
- You have been convicted of a crime involving the use, or threatened use of force or violence, including misdemeanor convictions, within the last three (3) years.
- You have been convicted of a felony.
- You have been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or you are currently subject to a restraining order or other order of protection against violence.
- You are currently on parole or probation.
- You have been, within the preceding five (5) years, subject to any requirements imposed by a court as a condition to:
- - Withholding the entry of judgment for your conviction of a felony, or
- - Suspension of your sentence for the conviction of a felony, or
- - Indictment by a Grand Jury.
- You have made a false statement on any application.
- You were dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
- You are not lawfully admitted into or are no longer lawfully within the United States.
- You are prohibited from possessing a firearm under state and federal law, city and/or county ordinances.
All completed applications must be submitted in person at the Fingerprint Bureau of the LVMPD.
Individuals/Businesses interested in becoming authorized instructors may download the Instructors Application and return the completed packet as noted in the directions.
We have two locations to serve you that are open from Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
5880 Cameron St.
Las Vegas, NV 89118
(Cameron Street and Russell Road)
400 S. Martin Luther King Blvd, Bldg. C
Las Vegas, NV 89106
(Martin Luther King Blvd. and Alta)
You may call us during normal business hours at 702-828-3271. After a brief recorded message, an operator can assist you with questions that may not be addressed here.
The fees are as follows:
1. New Application -- $98.25
2. Renewal Application -- $63.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $78.25
4. Renewal Application (more than 120 days late) -- $98.25
5. Name Change -- $25.00
6. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
7. Additional Fingerprint Cards For Out Of State Applications $14.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional Card
Fees may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.