or pick up an application at any LVMPD substation.
Yes. Fingerprints must be submitted to confirm your identity and obtain the most current information available.
How long does it take to receive my CCW permit?
NRS requires that your application be processed within 120 days. We are currently processing applications within that time frame. If you submitted your application more than 120 days ago and have not received a permit, you may call the Fingerprint Bureau at 702-828-3271. Do not call if it has been less than 120 days since you submitted your application, as this may further delay processing, and you will not be provided a status update.
How long does it take to process an ATF application?
ATF applications can take several weeks to process. If you submitted your application more than 2 months ago and have not received a response, you may call the Fingerprint Bureau at 702-828-3271. Do not call if it has been less than 2 months since you submitted your application, as this may further delay processing, and you will not be provided a status update.
Can I carry my concealed weapon anywhere in Nevada?
Refer to NRS 202.3673 for information on where permittees are authorized to carry concealed firearms and the exceptions.
Generally Prohibited Locations
A permit holder must NOT carry a concealed firearm into:
Is my concealed weapon permit valid in other states?
- Any facility of a law enforcement agency.
- A prison, city or county jail, or detention facility.
- A courthouse or courtroom.
- A public airport and/or a public building that is located on the property of a public airport.
- A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance.
- A public building that has a sign posted at each public entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building.
- Any facility of a public or private school without written permission.
- Any facility of a vocational/technical school, or the University of Nevada, or Community College System without written permission.
- Any other building owned or occupied by the Federal Government, the state, or local government.
- Any other place where carrying a concealed firearm is prohibited by state or federal law.
A concealed weapon permit is a State issued permit. Those permits issued by the LVMPD are valid throughout the State of Nevada. However, other States determine individually whether or not they accept a concealed weapons permit issued from any other States. Therefore, you must contact the particular State where you are interested in carrying your concealed weapon, to inquire about the acceptance of a Nevada concealed weapons permit.
The Nevada Department of Public Safety
determines which state permits are to be recognized and accepted for the purpose of carrying a concealed firearm in the State of Nevada.
What do I need to do if my name has changed?
I have moved, how do I change the address on my permit?
- You must present yourself in person at either of our two locations.
- You must provide proof of the name change, i.e., marriage certificate, court document, etc.
- A new photo will be taken, along with a signature with your new name.
- Pay $25.00 by debit/credit card, cash, money order or cashier’s check only.
As outlined in NRS 202.367, a permittee shall notify the sheriff who issued his or her permit in writing within 30 days if the permittee’s permanent address changes. A permittee who fails to notify the sheriff pursuant to the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of $25.
Download Change of Address Form
There are three ways in which a permit holder can change their address with the LVMPD:
- By appearing in person at either CCW office location,
- By printing and completing the CCW Change of Address form and mailing it to:
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department - CCW Detail
400 S. Martin L. King Blvd., Bldg. C
Las Vegas, NV 89106
- By printing and completing the CCW Change of Address form and faxing it to:
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department - CCW Detail
There is no fee for performing this address change; however you will not get a new permit issued nor will you receive any type of sticker with the updated address. If you would like to obtain a new permit that reflects the new address, there is a $15.00 fee for this service. (Cash, Money Order or Cashier’s Check Only, no personal checks will be accepted. Debit/Credit cards can be accepted for in person
How do I replace a lost or stolen CCW permit?
You can come in person to either of our two locations and fill out an affidavit that your permit was lost or stolen, or
You can mail in a signed, notarized affidavit along with a money order or cashier’s check to: LVMPD Fingerprint Bureau – CCW Detail, 400 S. Martin L. King Blvd., Bldg. C, Las Vegas, NV 89106. A duplicate permit will be mailed to you.
The fee is $15.00 by cash, money order or cashier’s check only. Debit/Credit cards can be accepted for in person
How do I renew my CCW permit?
You are required take a refresher firearm qualification course and resubmit a complete application packet to one of our two offices in person. Each renewal application requires photo and fingerprint submissions.
What’s the earliest I can renew my permit?
- See the fee chart for renewal fees, depending on the current status of your permit.
You may begin the renewal process at any time, but no credit will be provided for unused time.