While Staying In A Hotel
When you leave or enter your room, check the room’s door to ensure that it is locked and secured. Use the extra security locks on the door when available.
- Place all valuables in your hotel room safe; or with the hotel front desk (be sure to keep an inventory of what was deposited).
- Never prop open your door for any reason, this allows thieves easy access to you and your belongings.
- Never open your hotel room door unless you know who is there. If you didn't expect hotel services, call to verify they should be at your door. Don't invite strangers to your room.
- Hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the outside doorknob and leave a light or TV on while away.
- Be aware of unsolicited food/business flyers left at your hotel door. Immediately notify hotel security if you receive any of these items at or inside your room.
- Keep your luggage locked at all times.
- Hotel management will never ask for a credit card number or personal information over the phone after you've checked in. Never give any credit card number or personal information over the phone.
- If you see something suspicious, immediately call hotel security.
- Inquire at the front desk about safe places to eat, shop, walk, or jog etc…
- Know where the fire escapes, elevators and emergency exits are.
- Report any lost or stolen items to hotel management and to the police.
- Confirm the Wi-Fi you're connecting to is the hotels.