The Evidence Vault Section is responsible for receiving, documenting, safeguarding, releasing and destroying items booked into the custody of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. All property that comes into possession of the Evidence Vault Section is in accordance with state laws, city ordinances, county ordinances and departmental policies and procedures.
Hours of Operation
The Evidence Vault Section is open to the public Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (excluding holidays)
All unclaimed property will be sent to public auction, donated or destroyed. The items sent for auction will appear on PropertyRoom.com website.
Weapons Impounded for Safekeeping
For Information on obtaining the release of weapons taken for safekeeping, you MUST contact the Gun Disposition Detail at (702) 828-2749, weekdays between the hours of 7:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I pick up my property?
You can pick up your property at 3201 Technology Ct, Las Vegas, NV 89101
How long does it take to pick up property?
A typical release may take up to 60 minutes to process. Over-sized and bulk items may be stored offsite and an appointment is strongly recommended.
Can a friend or relative pick up my property?
A friend or relative must have a notarized letter or Power of Attorney authorizing them to pick up your property (excluding firearm releases). The notarized letter should include the event number, the name of the owner and the name of who is being authorized to pick up property.
How does an incarcerated person obtain their property?
The inmate can send a letter directly to the LVMPD Evidence Vault from jail/prison requesting their property be released to a specific person.
I’m trying to locate and determine if and where my vehicle has been towed?
Citizens can now find their vehicle online by visiting AutoReturn.com.
What do I need to retrieve my property?
If your court case has closed or been dismissed, the impounding or assigned officer to your case must complete an electronic disposition indicating to the Evidence Vault that the property can be released. If you are not sure if a Property Disposition was completed, please contact the arresting officer’s Area Command.
If your property can be returned to you, you must have:
- An LVMPD Event number
- Picture Identification (State Driver’s License, State ID Card, Passport, or U.S. Armed Forces ID card)
If I’m out of state, how do I make shipping arrangements for the return of my property?
Property is only shipped outside of Clark County, Nevada. If you reside in Clark County, you must appear at the Evidence Vault with proper identification to claim your property.
How to have your property shipped:
Before your property is shipped you must complete the following:
- Complete and return the property release notification letter. Be sure to include a phone number, email address, and shipping insurance preference. The letter must be signed and notarized.
- Send the signed and notarized document by postal service to 3201 Technology Ct., Las Vegas, NV 89101, by fax at (702) 828-1665, or by email at EvidenceVault@LVMPD.com.
Your property will ship once proper documentation and payment have been received.
Shipment of Firearms
Before your firearm is shipped you must complete the following:
- Make arrangements with a police department or licensed firearm dealer to accept the firearm on your behalf. We will not ship to a private residence.
- The following documents must be sent to the LVMPD Evidence Vault. You can send the documents by postal service to 3201 Technology Ct., Las Vegas, NV 89101, by fax at (702) 828-1665, or by email at EvidenceVault@LVMPD.com.
- A letter from a police department or firearm dealer on their letterhead stating they will accept the firearm for transfer. The letter must include your name, the LVMPD event number, what type of firearm(s) (make/model/type), and any special shipping instructions; such as if the firearm(s) will need to be shipped to a particular person or department.
- A copy of the dealer’s federal firearm license from FIREARM DEALERS ONLY.
Once proper documentation and payment have been received, your firearm will be shipped via UPS, Next Day Air with Signature Required per UPS and LVMPD policies. UPS does not ship to a P.O. Box.
How to Pay for Shipping
Shipping costs must be paid prior to shipment. Personal checks, money orders, cashier’s checks and credit cards are accepted.
- Call the Evidence Vault Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) (702) 828-3473 to speak with an LVMPD Evidence Vault representative to obtain the cost of shipping and/or pay over the phone.
- Credit cards payments will only be accepted over the phone. Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card are accepted forms of payment. The transaction will only take a few minutes. A receipt will be sent to you via email.
- Mail checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks to the Evidence Vault, 3201 Technology Ct, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Make checks payable to LVMPD and indicate your event number in the memo portion.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the LVMPD Evidence Vault at the phone number or email address provided above.