Homeland Security Message
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has set the national Level of Preparedness at Yellow (Level 2). There are currently no specific threats to the Las Vegas community. Therefore, in accordance with the national Level of Preparedness, LVMPD is implementing elements of OPCON Level 2.
- Ensure station security
- Ensure apparatus security (apparatus are not to be left unattended)
- Units exercise heightened caution when responding to related calls for service
- If necessary a liaison will be established with local agencies
- Notify supervisors of specific threat
- Report suspicious circumstances, packages, activity
- Maintain normal day-to-day staffing levels
The National Air Travel Advisory is currently set at Orange (Level 3).
These protocols are put in place by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for informational purposes only. They will remain in effect until further notice.