Our goal is to ensure that the goods and services procured through the Purchasing Unit represent the maximum value to our taxpayers while meeting the needs of our customers. We strive for open and fair competition and we encourage all qualified vendors to participate in our solicitation opportunities.
The Purchasing Unit is dedicated to promoting the highest standards for courtesy, fairness, impartiality and integrity. Purchasing adheres to the ethics set forth by the Institute for Supply Management, the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
LVMPD Purchasing Unit
400 S Martin L. King, Bldg. B
Las Vegas NV 89106
Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., PT
Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., PT
We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a fair and open purchasing system that encourages qualified suppliers and contractors to compete for Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) business:
- Obtaining maximum value for each dollar spent by soliciting formal competitive bids for purchases of goods and/or services valued at more than $100,000 and soliciting informal quotes, when possible, for purchases valued at $100,000 or less;
- Participating in cooperative procurements with other governmental agencies to achieve cost savings through volume purchases;
- Enhancing competition for LVMPD contracts by increasing the supplier pool through effective advertising;
- Establishing purchasing and payment procedures which promote cost effective, efficient and ethical business practices and are in compliance with all laws, rules, regulations and policies;
- Providing assistance and training to LVMPD employees to ensure that they understand and comply with the LVMPD's purchasing and payment laws, policies and procedures,
- Maintaining a centralized warehouse where LVMPD employees are able to obtain commonly used supplies quickly and easily; and
- Paying supplier invoices timely, accurately and in compliance with contract terms and conditions and LVMPD policies and procedures.
If you are interested in working with the LVMPD to provide high quality goods and services, this site is your guide.