BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CARE OPTIONS (BHO)
Counseling is provided through Behavioral Health Care Options (BHO). All LVMPD employees and their family members are entitled to 3 free visits with a counselor through Behavioral Health Options (BHO) every calendar year. If additional visits are needed these sessions convert to insurance through copay.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BHO:
- Talk with an operator about the type of counselor that will work best for you.
- Get 2 or 3 names of counselors so you can get to see someone in timely manner
- Get the "Authorization Number" (the counselor will need this to provide free visits)
- Call counselor and make an appointment.
But BHO provides more than counseling. They provide access to variety of resources both online and through telephonic professionals for: child care, elder care, financial consultation, legal consultation, resource library, etc. These resources are available for LVMPD employees and their family members.
The website for online information, live connection to a telephonic professional and additional resources is: Bhoptions.com
- Click the icon "Work-Life Resources"
- Enter the company code: LVPPACE (for civilian)
- Enter the company Code LVMPD (For commissioned officers)
- Enter the company code METRO (for Appointed officers)