The Evidence Vault Section is responsible for receiving, documenting, safeguarding, and releasing items impounded by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to retrieve my property?
If your court case has been dismissed or closed, the impounding or assigned officer to your case must approve and authorize the Evidence Vault to release the item (s). You will want to confirm with the case Officer prior to coming to the Evidence Vault if authorization and notification has been completed. Please contact the arresting officer's Area Command.
If your property can be returned, you must have:
- Valid Government issued identification (State Driver's License, State ID Card, Passport, or U.S. Armed Forces ID card)
- An LVMPD Event number your property is being held under.
If unsure who is assigned to your case or you want to know if your item (s) are releasable, you can contact the Evidence Vault during business hours so we can assist. Call (702) 828-3473 between the hours of 8:00-5:00 p.m. Pacific Time Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays) or email at EvidenceVault@lvmpd.com
Where do I pick up my property?
You can pick up your property at 3201 Technology Ct, Las Vegas, NV 89101 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays).
How long does it take to pick up property?
A typical release may take up to 60 minutes to process. Over-sized and bulk items are stored offsite, and we encourage appointments to cut down on your wait time.
Can a friend or relative pick up my property?
A friend or relative can but they will need to have a notarized letter or Power of Attorney giving authorization to pick up items on your behalf (excluding firearm releases). The notarized letter should include the event number, the name of the owner and the name of who is being authorized to pick up property.
How does an incarcerated person obtain their property?
The inmate can send a letter directly to the LVMPD Evidence Vault from jail/prison requesting their property be released to a specific person.
If I'm out of state, how do I arrange for the return of my property?
We do ship item (s) outside of Las Vegas, Nevada.
How to have your property shipped:
Before your property is shipped you must complete the following:
- Complete and return the property release notification letter. Be sure to include a phone number, email address, and shipping insurance preference. The letter must be signed and notarized.
- Send the signed and notarized document by postal service to 3201 Technology Ct., Las Vegas, NV 89101, by fax at (702) 828-1665, or by email at EvidenceVault@LVMPD.com.
- Your property will ship once proper authorization and payment have been received.
Shipment of Firearms:
Before your firearm is shipped you must complete the following:
- Arrangements must be made with a licensed firearm dealer to accept the firearm on your behalf. We do NOT ship firearms to a private residence.
- The following documents must be sent to the LVMPD Evidence Vault. You can send the documents by postal service to 3201 Technology Ct., Las Vegas, NV 89101, by fax at (702) 828-1665, or by email at EvidenceVault@LVMPD.com.
- A letter from a police department or firearm dealer on their letterhead stating they will accept the firearm for transfer. The letter must include your name, the LVMPD event number, what type of firearm(s) (make/model/type), and any special shipping instructions; such as if the firearm(s) will need to be shipped to a particular person or department.
- A copy of the dealer's federal firearm license from FIREARM DEALERS ONLY.
Once proper documentation and payment have been received, your firearm will be shipped via UPS, Next Day Air with Signature Required per UPS and LVMPD policies. UPS does not ship to a P.O. Box.
How to pay for shipping:
- Call the Evidence Vault Monday – Friday (excluding holidays) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) at (702) 828-3473 to speak with an LVMPD Evidence Vault representative to obtain the cost of shipping and/or pay over the phone.
- Credit cards payments will only be accepted over the phone. Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card are accepted forms of payment. The transaction will only take a few minutes. A receipt will be sent to you via email.
- Mail checks, money orders, and cashier's checks to the Evidence Vault, 3201 Technology Ct, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Make checks payable to LVMPD and indicate your event number in the memo portion.
All unclaimed property will be sent to public auction, donated, or destroyed. The items sent for auction will appear on PropertyRoom.com website.
Vehicle Tows and location information can be found by visiting AutoReturn.com.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the LVMPD Evidence Vault at the phone number or email address provided above.