Hello, and welcome to the Metro Volunteer Program (MVP) website. I'm Sharon Harding, Volunteer Program Coordinator.
As we all know, Las Vegas is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. And with that growth comes significant challenges, particularly for law enforcement. The Metro Volunteer Program (MVP) is committed to providing the best police support services in Las Vegas. To meet this goal we have developed a volunteer work force that draws on the rich heritage and unique skills of our culturally diverse community. This commitment and dedication extends to the millions of visitors that Las Vegas plays host to each year. Our goals are to constantly improve service by developing a spirit of cooperation and partnership with the community, and to become the model for volunteer police programs within Clark County and throughout the United States. Volunteers are not utilized to replace sworn or other paid positions within the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, but rather to enhance the efficiency of the agency.
As you take the time to enjoy our website, you'll notice some exclusive features such as volunteer positions, our newsletter, special events and many other aspects of our program, which have been established to help ensure that Las Vegas remains the safest tourist destination in the world. Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us. Our volunteer program was recognized by the International Association of Chiefs of Police for "Outstanding Achievement in Law Enforcement Volunteer Programs" at their 118th Annual Conference and Exposition in Chicago in October 2011.
If you are interested in becoming part of one the best volunteer programs in the country, feel free to contact me OR submit an application by clicking here and following these steps.
First Time Users Must Create a User Account by:
1) Clicking “Apply Now” on the menu bar above which will take you to
2) Clicking on the card titled "Apply Now" then select "Applicant Login".
3) Clicking "Create An Account" next to the Sign in and follow the instructions. (Please remember your log-in information in case you need to access your account at a later date.)
Interested individuals Who Have a User Account Can Apply for a Metro Volunteer position by:
2) Clicking "Apply to this Job" toward the top.
3) Entering your account log-in information.
4) Clicking "Apply to this Job" again toward the top to complete an online Profile application.
5) Completing the Profile application, including all required fields designated with red asterisks (*).
6) Certifying and submitting the online Profile application, following the instructions.
Volunteer Program Coordinator