Concealed Carry Firearm Permits (CCW)
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department issues Concealed Carry Firearm permits in accordance with NRS 202.3653-202.369.
For all questions, please contact the customer service line at: (702) 828-3271
|Late Renewal (up to 364 days)||$80.25|
|Address Change with Card||$15.00|
|Fingerprint Cards (first one)||$17.00|
|Additional Fingerprint Cards||$2.00|
- Concealed carry firearm permits are valid for 5 years from date of issuance.
- When carrying a concealed firearm, you must have your CCW permit and state identification.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, unless:
- Active-duty military 18-21 years of age, or with an honorable discharge.
- Citizens with fingernails at a length or curvature which would not produce a good fingerprint and/or damage the LiveScan glass screen, will be required to trim their nails prior to being fingerprinted
- Must have valid state ID, Real ID or driver's license issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) with current address.
- If born outside of the United States or United States territory, an additional form of identification is required:
- United States Passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Permanent Resident Alien Registration card
- Certificate of Born Abroad
- Employment Authorization Card
- I-94 with Nevada hunting license
***Must be an original, no photocopies***
- Nevada military residents will need active military ID or current orders for proof of residence.
- Complete a Nevada certified firearm's training course by a certified firearms instructor within in Clark County prior to submitting application.
- Initial application – 8-hour class (must include live fire qualification)
- Renewal application – 4-hour class (must include live fire qualification
- Nevada residents must apply within the county residing in. LVMPD accepts only Clark County.
- Out of state applicants must complete course within the Nevada in accordance with NRS 202.3653-202.369. No out of state certifications accepted.
- Walk-in applications accepted at LVMPD Records & Fingerprint Bureau
Clark County Approved CCW firearms instructor list
In Person Submission
- You are a fugitive from justice.
- Felony convictions.
- Convicted of a crime involving the use/threat of force, including misdemeanors, within 3 years.
- Convicted of a crime involving Domestic Violence or stalking.
- DUI conviction(s) within 5 years.
- Currently subject to a restraining order or protection against violence
- You are currently on parole or probation.
- You have been declared mentally incompetent:
- Admitted into a mental health facility within 5 years.
- Medical Marijuana card holder.
- Dishonorable discharge from the military.
- You are prohibited (by state or federal law) from possessing a firearm.
- Unlawfully in the United States.
- False statements on application.
*Walk-in applications accepted at LVMPD Records & Fingerprint Bureau
Online Submission on LVMPD website:
- Have the ability to upload documents.
- Click, here, scroll to the bottom, and click on "Apply Online"
- Complete the online application in its entirety.
- Attach all required forms of identification in one attachment (i.e., ID or driver's license, etc.).
- Attach SIGNED Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Firearms Safety Course Certificate of Completion and Firearms Proficiency Certificate form (page 7 of the CCW application).
- You will receive an email from CCWOnline@lvmpd.com with subject line "ECCW Application Received."
- After your application is reviewed, a second email from CCWOnline@lvmpd.com will be sent, advising whether your application has been accepted or rejected (explanation will be included).
- You will receive an email (subject line "ECCW Accepted by LVMPD").
- You will be required to submit your payment within 30-days which will be provided through a secured link.
- You will receive an email (subject line "ECCW Payment Received – Schedule your appointment with LVMPD") confirming your payment has been accepted and scheduling your appointment.
- When you arrive to your appointment, you must have your original Nevada Sheriff's and Chief's Firearms Safety Course Certificate of Completion and Firearms Proficiency Certificate, valid identification, original proof of citizenship/permanent resident card/military paperwork.
- Fingerprints and photographs will be taken in person.
- Nails may need to be cut depending on length, shape, and curvature to capture a clear fingerprint.
Incomplete or Rejected Applications
- You will receive an email (subject line "Incomplete ECCW Application" or "Rejected Application") providing the reason(s) your application is incomplete.
- You will be required to resubmit a new application including uploading new attachments.
Become a CCW Instructor
- Using original link, click on "cancel appointment."
- A box will appear "reschedule appointment."
- If you wish to reschedule, click box and appointment scheduler will appear.
- Click date and time from available appointments.
- You will receive a new appointment confirmation email.
If you are interested in becoming a Clark County Approved CCW Instructor, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)