Filing A Report With LVMPD

NOTE:  We can only take reports that occurred in our, Las Vegas, jurisdiction.  We do not take reports that occur in Henderson, North Las Vegas, Boulder City, or accidents that occur on the freeway.  The freeway is Nevada Highway Patrol jurisdiction.  You can file a report for internet financial crimes (i.e. online fraud, identity theft) with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)

Filing an Incident Crime Report:

An Incident Crime Report (ICR) is a report such as Domestic Violence, Battery, Missing Persons, Runaway, stolen property (grand or petit larceny) or lost property, (ID, cell phone, driver’s license, etc.), vandalism, etc.  Depending on the circumstances of the actual crime, you may have several options of how you could choose to file a report:

  • Visit our "Online Services" page and select File A Report Online page.  Please follow the directions carefully. Many crime reports where there is no suspect information can be filed easily online. 

  • In person, at the Records and Fingerprint Bureau, located at 400 S. Martin Luther King Boulevard, Building C, Las Vegas, NV  89106 [phone: 702-828-3271] between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, and 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.  Our office is also open on many holidays but you should call to verify if we are open.  We are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

  • At an Area Command located near you that is open for business to the public.  Click here for Locations*.

  • By telephone some types of reports can be filed by calling the LVMPD non-emergency number at (702) 828-3111 and explaining the circumstances to a call taker who will assign an event number to your case and someone will return your call. Depending on call volume the return calls are made in order by the date and time they are received.  For your convenience, many telephonic reports may be completed online with no wait. 

If you visited Las Vegas and a crime occurred during your visit and you have returned home, please contact your local police department and request they complete a courtesy report and mail it to our agency.
For all cases remember to:

  • Gather as much information as you can prior to filing your report.

  • Include all of the information relative to the incident such as: date, time, place, all details, include any property and value of lost or stolen property, name(s) of the victim(s).

  • List any other information you wish to report specific to this incident.  

  • Be as thorough as you can as this will be your record of your crime report.

There is no fee for filing a report.  All reports will have an Event Number on them.  You will need to reference this number when inquiring about your case.

Filing a Traffic Collision Report:  

Pursuant to NRS 484.229, you must complete a SR-1 report with the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles to report a traffic collision if a report has not been taken by police.  The SR-1 form is available at
If an LVMPD officer responds to a vehicle collision and takes a report, a copy of your report will be available within 7-10 days.