How do I get a copy of my police report?
The LVMPD provides a variety of ways that you can request a copy of your Incident Report, Traffic Collision Report or Arrest Report filed within the LVMPD jurisdiction:
- Online Electronic Request
- In Person
- U.S. Mail
After a report in filed, please allow up to 10 business days before the report is available for dissemination.
|Traffic Collision Report||$11.00|
Online payments methods:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)
- Bank Issued Debit Card
What type of documentation is required to receive a copy of my requested report?
- One of the following forms of valid photo ID:
- State ID, Real ID or driver's license issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- United States Passport
- Passport issued by other countries
- Permanent Resident Alien Registration Card
- Military ID
- Consulate Matricula Identification Card
- If you are picking up the report for a juvenile dependent:
- Original or certified copy of his/her birth certificate
- Original or certified guardianship paperwork issued by Family Court Services
- If you are picking up the report for a friend or family member:
- If you are an Attorney requesting a report copy on behalf of a client:
- Signed, notarized Letter of Authorization on Attorney/Law Firm letterhead
- Include clients full name and date of birth
LVMPD will only release eligible reports based on the case status and involvement of the person requesting the report. It is the policy of LVMPD to ensure the proper redaction of all documents prior to being released in accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes.
Some reports require additional documentation to be provided prior to being authorized for release. Report types may include:
- Homicide reports
- Sexual Assault reports
- Child Abuse/Neglect reports
- Dead Body reports
- Fatal Traffic Collisions
When requesting a copy of an Incident Report, Traffic Collision Report or Arrest Report, please have the following information available:
- LVMPD Event number
- Your full name and date of birth
- Your phone number with area code and valid email address
- Involved person's name(s)
- Date and time of incident (or report filed on date)
- Address or location of incident
- Vehicle license plate state/number (Traffic Collision Report)
How do I request a copy of my report Online?
Please click on the hyperlink below to begin the process:
Individuals click here
Attorneys click here
Requests for most Traffic Collision Reports can be delivered via email, viewable through a secured link. Incident Report and Arrest Report requests will be delivered via U.S. mail or can be picked up in person at the location selected on your request. If you are picking up your report in person, it must be picked up from your selected location within 30 days.
Where can I request a copy of a report In Person?
To request a copy of a report at an area command nearest you, please
Reports copies can also be requested at:
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Headquarters
Records & Fingerprint Bureau
400 South Martin Luther King Boulevard, Building C
Las Vegas, NV, 89106
How do I request a copy of a report via U.S. mail?
Request for report/background via U.S. Mail (must print and return via mail)